Did you know this about our 50+ residents?
- The 55+ age group purchases 62% of new cars in the U.S.
- The spending power of the boomers’ $2.6 trillion dollars easily outranks all other generations.
- Boomers make up 46.8% of pet spending.
- Over 77% of all financial assets in America are owned by the over 50 crowd.
- 49% of boomers are interested in functional foods like probiotics and vitamins.
- Boomers are expected to spend 3.4% more on health-related purchases than their parents did.
- Boomers take 4 or 5 leisure trips a year.
- Although 84% of boomers want to shop in-store, they are not unfamiliar with online shopping.
- The older population is the largest spending of all age groups.
- They spend $179 billion on grandchildren.
Why women are a force of power …
- In 2019, we saw the highest percentage of women in senior management.
- About $72 trillion of personal wealth is now controlled by women.
- Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases:
- 68% of new cars
- 80% of healthcare
- 89% of bank account selections
- 91% of new homes
- 92% of all luxury travel
- 92% of vacations
- 93% of food/services
- The majority of caregivers are female (65%).
- Women-owned businesses now comprise 40% of the business population.
- Women are more likely than men to have earned a bachelor's degree.